Kids are going to fall, crash, slip, explore. It’s part of being a kid. But we can protect them from serious injuries. Preventable injuries are the #1 killer of kids in the U.S. and each year a million families around the world lose a child to these injuries.
1. Tug on your kid’s car seat where the seat belt goes.
2. Secure furniture and TVs.
3. Check smoke and CO alarms monthly.
4. Scan your home for places kids can get into medicine.
5. Check around your house for coin-sized button batteries.
6. Ask your kid’s coaches if they have had concussion or sports safety training.
7. Call to action: Take the Challenge and Take Action Against Distraction.