Gru, his adorable girls, and the mischievous Minions are back with a cast of unforgettable new characters in the blockbuster sequel to the worldwide phenomenon. Just as Gru has given up being super-bad to be a super-dad, the Anti-Villain League recruits him to track down a new criminal mastermind and save the world. Partnered with secret agent Lucy Wilde, Gru, along with the wildly unpredictable Minions, must figure out how to keep his cover while also keeping up with his duties as a father.
The holiday season just got even brighter with the news that Despicable Me 2, the $872 million worldwide box office phenomenon and the year’s #1 comedy, arrives on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Combo Packs, DVD and Digital HD including UltraViolet on December 10, 2013, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film will also be available on Digital HD November 26, 2013, just in time for families to watch on the go as they gear up for holiday travel. In addition to more than 45 minutes of hilarious and insightful bonus features, Blu-ray Combo Packs will include, from the makers of Despicable Me, three all-new mini-movies starring the film series’ breakout stars, the mischievous but lovable Minions. For a sneak peek of these mini-movies, and other great weekly offers from Despicable Me 2, call Gru at **DM2 (**362) from your mobile phone
This past Thanksgiving since I’m based in Manhattan I was there when a brand new Despicable Me 2 float joins the 87th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in celebration of the home entertainment release. Despicable Me 2 rolled out a deliciously decorated cupcake parlor inspired by the hilarious and heartwarming film and featuring Gru, the reformed master criminal turned devoted dad, and a gaggle of his unpredictable helpers, the Minions.
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray Combo Pack & Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack.
- Three All-New Mini-Movies Starring the Minions—Introduced by Gru
- Panic in the Mailroom
- Training Wheels
- The Making of the Mini-Movies—A fun-filled take on the making of the mini-movies through the eyes of the artists who made them.
- Deleted Scene
- The Minions—A visit to Illumination Entertainment in Paris and Los Angeles to hear what it’s really like to work with the Minions.
- Evil Minions—Bigger, badder and more purple than ever, the newest and fiercest addition to the Minion species can chew through metal and swallow a car. Find out more about the process that led to their creation and design.
- A Gru-Some Transformation—A sit-down with Steve Carell as he discusses the transformation of Gru from the ultimate super-villain to super-dad and international spy.
- El Hombre Malo: The Villainy Of El Macho—Every great story needs a good villain, and Despicable Me 2 brings on the diabolico in the form of El Macho! Learn about the creation of this character and the actor who brought him to life—Benjamin Bratt.