- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste, can substitute vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (we suggest using a microplane)
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, salt and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until fully combined. Add in the vanilla paste and ginger, mixing until just combined. Gradually add in the flour mixture 1 cup at a time. Add the white chocolate chips.
- Drop by the heaping tablespoon full onto the prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly golden (12-15 minutes), cookies will appear still slightly soft in the middle, but will set up firmly as they cool. (Note: For smaller less decadent cookies use a teaspoon measure and bake for 8-10 minutes). Using a spatula, remove cookies from the parchment to cool. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough.