Do you have plans for Father’s Day? or are you still thinking about what your plans are? Well I’ve got a great round up of really cool things to do around NYC for Father’s day!
Breakfast at Belmont – now celebrating their 150th year at Belmont, it’s an exciting time to be at the track! This event is family-friendly and includes activities such as tram rides through the stable area, a Paddock Show and Starting Gate demonstration.
they offer a great brunch at belmont (pretty much every weekend) https://www.nyra.com/belmont/visit/dining
but for Father’s day they have a special line up events https://www.nyra.com/belmont/calendar/2018-06-17
Real Men Wear Pink Luncheon [Tickets]
Come celebrate Father’s Day and honor those continuing the fight against cancer at The Real Men Wear Pink Luncheon. There will be a premium buffet, DJ, raffles and a rose tasting provided by Notorious Pink Rose. A portion of each ticket sold will go to the American Cancer Society.
Father’s Day Cruise in NYC [Tickets]
It’s time to do better than socks for Father’s Day, and Hornblower’s Father’s Day Beer Brunch Cruise is the perfect time to start a new tradition that dad will genuinely love… And the rest of the family will enjoy, too.
- Two hour cruise
- Reserved Seating
- Bountiful brunch buffet
- Dessert station
- Signature coffee and herbal teas
- Live jazz band & DJ on board
Sunday, June 17th
Boarding: 12:00pm | Cruising: 12:30pm – 2:30pm
Dress Code: Casual attire. We recommend bringing along a light jacket or wrap as it may get breezy on board.
Weather Conditions: Cruise sails rain or sun!
Atmosphere: Beer, brunch and jazz with family and friends while taking in New York City’s sights.
Sunday, June 17; 1:00 PM—4:00 PM
Celebrate the spirit of our community at the Rubin Museum’s annual Block Party. Join thousands of other New Yorkers at this outdoor event (happening this year on Father’s Day), featuring art and activities for all ages inspired by the Rubin’s yearlong exploration of the future.
- Multigenerational activities for kids and adults of all ages, including Father’s Day activities and Interwoven Families, an artist project that weaves family narratives
- Futuristic art-making stations that allow you to create and imagine across time and space, including Build a Future City, Spectacular Starscapes, Inner Voyages, and The History of Us
- Live performances including cham dance by Palyul Monks, a musical journey with Falu’s Bazaar, garba dance from India Home elders, and Bhangra and Bollywood dance by Ajna Dance
- Activities led by community partners Grassroots Movement in Nepal (GMIN), India Home, Jumpstart, YindaYin Coaching, Siddhartha School, and Mongolian Connections
- Drone demos
- Healing Garden indoor plant trailer
- Himalayan snacks from Café Serai and food trucks, including Van Leeuwen Ice Cream, Wafels and Dinges, and Brooklyn Popcorn Company
- Free museum admission all day
Rock and Roll Playhouse will celebrate Father‘s Day in Brooklyn with a pair of concerts bringing to life the music of The Grateful Dead for Kids at Garcia’s at Industry City on Saturday, June 16 and Brooklyn Bowl on Sunday, June 17.
6.16 @ Industry City ~ Doors: 12:30PM
6.17 @ Brooklyn Bowl ~ Doors: 12:00PM [Tickets]
The Celtic Developers Group, who own Oscar Wilde in Nomad, Papillon Bistro & Bar in Midtown and Lillie’s Victorian Establishment in Times Square and Union Square. Come celebrate Father’s Day at one of their locations for a special evening of quality time and quality eats.
Located right in NoMad, Oscar Wilde features New York City’s longest bar at 118.5 feet with over 300 whiskeys, 32 beers on tap and an assorted menu. For $85 on Father’s Day Oscar Wilde will offer steak for two with two sides and two drinks (select beer or house wine). Can also treat dad with a classic, Oscar Wilde’s $14 Smoked Old Fashioned made with Old Gran Dad Bourbon, Smoked Simple Syrup, Charred Cedar, Orange Bitters and garnished with a lemon.
Lillie’s Victorian Establishment, covered in ornate wooden carvings, antiques and ostentatious décor, offers an eclectic yet traditional menu with an impressive range of domestic and imported beers. Lillie’s Union Square location will offer a $24 Father’s Day special, which will include their Craft Beer flight and Lillie’s Half Pound Cheeseburger complete with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheddar cheese & hand cut fries.
Papillon Bistro & Bar can be found in the heart of Midtown and offers a fun and lively environment for patrons. For $17, dine dad with the Classic Beef Burger complete with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheddar cheese & hand cut fries. Additional add-ons are available: bacon, avocado or mushroom & onion.