I’ve rounded up some pretty awesome gifts for Valentine’s Day from our friends at Logitech. If you’re into music, running, home security, gaming or just being super productive with an iPad this list has you covered.
- Logitech Circle 2 ($179.99 Wired; $199.99 Wire-free): Logitech Circle 2 is an indoor and outdoor camera that can keep an eye on your front door or back porch with customizable attachments and mounting accessories. Simply place Circle 2 in your desired location, connect to the Logi Circle web or mobile app, and let the 1080p HD security camera do the rest. With customizable motion alerts and built-in smart home integrations, Circle 2 gives you customizable security and ensures that your whole home is covered.
- Jaybird RUN ($179.99): Get in shape for Valentine’s Day with Jaybird’s first truly wireless pair of headphones designed for runners. With Jaybird RUN, you can forget about your big date that night and focus on you, your music, and your environment – no wires, no worries. Sweat-proof and water-resistant, Jaybird RUN delivers customizable music from two wireless headphones with a single-button on each headphone for control and a secure comfort-fit for all ears.
- Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM ($99.99 [but on sale]): Enjoy your music the way it’s meant to be heard with Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM, the super-portable, waterproof, Bluetooth speaker with surprisingly big sound. WONDERBOOM blasts room-filling 360-degree sound that is clear, crisp and full of big, beautiful bass. It also floats on its own and sports a travel-ready hanging loop on top. WONDERBOOM is drop-proof from up to five feet, boasts a 10-hour battery life and 100-foot wireless Bluetooth range. To turn things up, connect two WONDERBOOM speakers together to party louder.
- Logitech G433 7.1 Gaming Headset ($99.99): The Logitech G433 7.1 Gaming Headset features advanced audio technologies such as Pro-G drivers and DTS Headphone:X®, in a comfortable, lightweight and stylish design. The multi-platform G433 features high-grade audio in a modern headset that is suitable for use everywhere in a gamer’s life, and comes in four custom colors, Royal Blue, Fire Red, Triple Black and Camo Blue. It supports PCs, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™ and mobile devices.
- Logitech Slim Combo ($129.99 for 10.5-inch iPad Pro; $149.99 for 12.9-inch iPad Pro): The Logitech Slim Combo is the love match your new 10.5-inch or 12.9-inch iPad Pro has been waiting for. When the Slim Combo connects with the iPad Pro, it brings the future of personal computing to your lap with a protective cover and detachable keyboard that supports four modes – typing, viewing, FaceTime and reading – so you’ll be ready to work on-the-go.
The ninth season of Curious George, the PBS KIDS hit series, continues with a new episode full of love and curiosity on Monday, February 9, 2015. In “Happy Valentine’s Day, George,” Curious George wants to make his friends the best Valentine’s Day card ever, but even with four paws, it takes a long time to create homemade cards for everyone. Using sponge shapes, red paint, and a waffle iron, George creates the first ever monkey Valentine’s printing press!
“George is a little monkey with a big heart,” says executive producer Dorothea Gillim. “Between George’s monkey antics and a catchy song, this episode is our Valentine to all our loyal viewers.”
This season continues to focus on teaching preschoolers about science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) concepts, as well as use of the five senses (smell, taste, hearing, touch, and sight). The curious monkey’s adventures go in “Oh Deer.”When a hungry deer keeps nibbling on the flowers in George and Allie’s garden, George uses all of his five senses to keep the deer out. A scarecrow, loud noises, sticky tape, and stinky rotten eggs don’t work, leaving George with one last sense: taste! Will George’s recipe keep the deer away or make them hungry for more?
Curious George airs weekdays on PBS KIDS (check local listings). For more monkey fun, parents can access a variety of fun and educational resources, including games on the five senses like “Roller Monkey” and “Cows Don’t Quack!” on the Curious George website. Click here for a great variety of more fun games, special activities, printables, and videos!
Your favorite Madagascar pals are back in an all-new adventure! Alex’s favorite holiday, Valentine’s Day,
brings hilarious surprises and excitement for the entire gang. Melman plans a big surprise for Gloria,
Marty tries to impress a new friend and everyone wants to get their hands on King Julien’s love potion.
You’ll fall in LOVE with MADLY MADAGASCAR!
Though you might not be able to make your own love potion like King Julien, you can get crafty with
your kids this Valentine’s Day! This guide will provide parents with fun and simple ways to create
Valentine’s Day crafts with their kids, including do it yourself V-day cards and creating your own heart
You’ll go mad for these adorable ornaments! They’re fun and simple to make, and they double as
inexpensive decorations! All you need is yarn, cornstarch glue, water, a heart shaped cookie cutter and
parchment paper. First, make your cornstarch glue by combining cornstarch and water over medium
heat until it is thick and translucent. Once the glue has cooled enough to touch, cut your yarn into foot
long pieces, and place your cookie cutter on your parchment paper. Then, push a piece of yarn into the
cornstarch glue until it’s coated, and remove any excess glue with your fingers. Next, lay the yarn inside
the cookie cutter. Repeat until the cookie cutter is filled with a thin layer of yarn, then press the yarn flat
and gently lift the cookie cutter off and allow the yarn to dry.
HOMEMADE VALENTINE’S CARDS
All you need to make extra special homemade Valentine’s Day cards is some colored paper (in colors
like red, white and pink), markers, glue, scissors, and anything you might want to add in (glitter, beads,
candy, etc.). Help your kids cut out heart shapes in their paper, and think of fun sayings to write on the
cards. Decorate the cards with drawings, or glue on treats like lollipops or Sweethearts. These truly
custom Valentine’s are both fun to make and receive.
Making jewelry from macaroni is both fun and easy, especially for Valentine’s Day! All you need is some
rubbing alcohol, red food dye, dry macaroni, some bowls to mix in, and string. Once you’ve mixed the
rubbing alcohol and food dye to the perfect shade of Valentine’s red (or pink!), drop the macaroni in and
let it soak until you like the hue. Take the macaroni out of the dye, and let it dry, then use yarn or string
to make necklaces, bracelets, crowns, and more for the perfect Valentine’s Day accessory!
EASY VALENTINE’S COOKIES
These cookies are fun to make and, with a little help from mom and dad, easy for the kids to help
with! You need vanilla wafer cookies, peanut butter, melted chocolate chips (both white chocolate
and milk chocolate), red and white colored sprinkles, pink and red gummy candies, red, white and pink
decorating frosting and lollipop sticks. All you have to do is coat one side of your cookies with peanut
butter and place a lollipop stick on top of it, followed by another cookie. Then, dip your cookie stick into
your melted chocolate (either white or dark), covering completely. Use the remaining ingredients to
decorate! Once you are finished decorating, place the pops on wax paper and refridgerate until dry.
HEART SHAPED PILLOWS
This craft is great for slightly older kids, or may take a little more participation from mom or dad. To
make cute heart shaped pillows, you need fabric of your choice, a needle, thread, cotton batting, and
straight pins. First, lay your fabric down flat and fold it over twice so that it is doubled up. Next, cut
out half a heart shape in your folded fabric (when you open it you should have two hearts that are the
same size). Next, lay your hearts together so that the wrong side of the fabric is facing out, and use your
straight pins to secure the two pieces of fabric together. Then, stich around the edges of your hearts
until you’re about two inches from closing it. Remove all the pins, and turn your fabric inside out so that
the right side is visible. Next, gently stuff your heart with your cotton batting until it is full, and then
stitch the opening closed.
The problem with Valentine’s day is that its become a horrible holiday – it is forced down peoples throats as the one day a year you should show your romantic partner that you care. Really?! why isnt this everyday – ok ok how about twice a week and on your birthdays?
No huh… we gotta do this — we gotta do this holiday — so lets get it right.
1) yes you need a card or two – and you totally need a card from the kids
2) the gift – this could be optional depending on who your wife is or what the situation is… my wife always you dont have to get me anything – and if I dont get her anything I might as well buy myself ear plugs because I’ll hear about it for the next 3 months about how I didn’t get her anything – so I guess my advice just get something…. ok maybe just something – because then you’ll get yelled at about who picked this out — so you might need to spending 3 minutes maybe 6 minutes thinking what does she use or need?
Spa treatments — my wife doesnt go for the massages but she loves facials.
Jewelry — my wife is super picky so I’m avoiding this one from now on… has never worked out for me.
Clothing — my wife loves fashion but my tastes have a lot that is to be desired…. so you can go and ask for help just make sure you know the right size.
TIP: check the dirty clothing for her current size.
Technology — my wife loves her iphone, ipad, camera & lens but I’m not sure that screams valentine’s day to her but yours might love a new iPad.
Candy — my wife loves chocolate and thats about it.
Liquor — my wife loves champagne picking up one of those fancy bottles is always great.
Travel — who’s wife wouldnt love a night away (with you or without you :P) maybe even if its a local city for a one night hotel or a trip to a remote island.
Gift Cards — my wife likes this as much as having a screaming toddler keeping her up all night. avoid these unless its your last choice.
3) Flowers – this is MUST as in… do not pass go – do not collect $200! Here’s a trick you’re never going to go wrong with Long Stem Roses Red or Pink Roses.
Rose Elegance Premium Long Stem White Roses: http://www.1800flowers.com/rose-elegance-premium-long-stem-90109
Rose Elegance Premium Long Stem Pink Roses: http://www.1800flowers.com/rose-elegance-premium-long-stem-90055
Some other suggestions from 1-800-Flowers
Love Potion: http://www.1800flowers.com/love-potion-100279
Fields of Europe Romance: http://www.1800flowers.com/fields-of-europe-romance-90950
Modern Embrace Red Rose and Lily Cube: http://www.1800flowers.com/rose-and-lily-cube-bouquet-90973
1 Dozen Roses Red Rose Elegance Premium: http://www.1800flowers.com/rose-elegance-dozen-roses
Timeless Tulips: http://www.1800flowers.com/timeless-tulips-91317
Sentimental Surprise: http://www.1800flowers.com/sentimental-surprise-91354
Sweet Heart Bamboo: http://www.1800flowers.com/sweet-heart-bamboo-18999
bonus save 20% on these items from 1800flowers
How to win it… Contest ends 4:59pm EST. February 11th, 2013.
Leave a comment below with your wife’s favorite color of long stem roses white or pinkand please include some method for us to contact you in the comment (twitter or email).
You get 1 extra entry for tweeting about this contest (you can do this daily). Must contain the following information: @1800flowers @dadarocks – http://dad.tc/Xp4kYz and you must also comment with the link to your tweet.
Example: I want to win long stem roses on from @1800flowers & @dadarocks – http://dad.tc/Xp4kYz #giveaway
You get 1 extra entry for following @dadarocks on twitter –www.twitter.com/DaDaRocks You must comment that you’re a follower.
You get 1 extra entry for following @1800flowers on twitter –www.twitter.com/1800flowers You must comment that you’re a follower.
You get 1 extra entry for liking us on facebook – www.facebook.com/DaDaRocks You must comment that you’re a fan.
You get 1 extra entry for liking them on facebook – www.facebook.com/1800flowers You must comment when you’ve become a fan.
You get 1 extra entry for liking this page on facebook (like button at the top of the post NOTE: you must be signed intofacebook for it to work!)
You get 1 extra entry for G+ this page on plus.google.com (click on the little G+ icon below) You must comment that you’ve G+ it.
You will have 24 hours to reply before we pick another winner!
Disclaimer: 1800flowers is supplying the floowers for this contest and it is limited to the USA.
Congrats its less then 48 hours till valentine’s day and what do you have to to show for it? Maybe you picked up a card? hopefully right? cause if your card stores are anything like mine there is nothing left starting tomorrow. So for you last minute people we’ve got printable cards from Pocoyo [Elly, Pato, Loula, and Pocoyo]. There you go great for kids and ok for your significant others.
Now need those last minute treats? Starters Candy – my wife certainly has a sweet tooth for dark chocolate and I’m sure many others out there do too… she’s not a fancy $40 box of chocolate type of girl, which is good cause I’m sooooo not a spending $40 on chocolate type of guy. She loves a good old fashion russell stover, willy wonka, hershey’s type of girl (WIN!). For me I’m totally a red licorice dude, and if you’re taking notes I love australian red licorice and dried strawberries.
How about physical gifts that’ll last? Well there is always photos and photo albums with tons of 1 hour labs its a fairly easy task. Next idea you can pick up a nail or hair gift card, geez have you looked at the prices of those things?! so picking up the tab is a super gift.
For those techies out there you can always walk into any Verizon store and pickup a new bluetooth headset… I’ve always been a big fan of Jabra so the Jabra WAVE in red headset features the most comfortable and stable wearing-style. Featuring innovative new wind-noise reduction technology and Voice Guidance, the Jabra WAVE is available in three designs exclusively at Verizon Wireless. The WAVE offers even greater comfort than behind-the-ear legacy products, but with a thinner, sleeker design. The WAVE is available in black and red – and has a corded version in black. $59.99
Which leads us to the giveaway… Yes, its going to end after valentine’s day so you better not count this as the gift.
How to win it… Contest ends 11:59pm EST. February 22nd, 2011.
You get 1 entry for placing a comment what your gift idea or desire is and please use some method for us to contact you in the comment (twitter or email)
You get 1 extra entry for following us on twitter – twitter.com/dadarocks
You get 1 extra entry for following Jabra on twitter – twitter.com/Jabra_US
You get 1 extra entry for tweeting about this contest (you can do this daily). Must contain the following information:
@Jabra_US @dadarocks – http://dad.tc/hCAsxL and you must also leave a comment with the link to your twitter message.
Example: I want to win a @Jabra_US Wave in RED from @dadarocks – http://dad.tc/hCAsxL
You get 1 extra entry for becoming a FAN on facebook –facebook.com/DaDaRocks you must a comment that you’re a fan
You get 1 extra entry for suggesting to your friends to become fans of DaDa Rocks (and leave a little note on the wall) — under the logo of DaDa Rocks is Suggest to Friends name
You get 1 extra entry for becoming a Fan on facebook of Jabra –facebook.com/Jabra.US you must a comment that you’re a fan
You get 1 extra entry for subscribing to our Feedburner digest mailing (right side subscribe by email) – you must also comment that you’ve subscribed
You will have 12 hours to reply before we pick another winner!
Disclaimer: Jabra is providing these devices for the raffle.