With Father’s Day on the horizon, let dad kick back and relax with some great TV shows on Netflix! We’ve got ten suggestions for you right here– check out our list below:
1. House of Cards: Three Emmy Award wins including David Fincher (“The Social Network”) for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series and nine nominations including Outstanding Drama Series went to this acclaimed political thriller. Lead Actor nominee Kevin Spacey stars as ruthless, cunning Congressman Francis Underwood, who will stop at nothing to conquer the halls of power in Washington D.C. His secret weapon: his gorgeous, ambitious, and equally conniving wife Claire (Lead Actress nominee Robin Wright).
2. The Killing: Seattle homicide detectives Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder are deeply affected by the murders they investigate in this dark, acclaimed crime series.
3. Mad Men: Set in 1960s New York City, this series takes a peek inside an ad agency during an era when the cutthroat business had a glamorous lure.
4. The Walking Dead: In the wake of a zombie apocalypse, survivors hold on to the hope of humanity by banding together to wage a fight for their own survival.
5. Breaking Bad: A high school chemistry teacher dying of cancer teams with a former student to manufacture and sell crystal meth to secure his family’s future.
6. Louie: Louis C.K. plays a fictional version of himself in this series that follows the comedian through the lows of being an awkward single dad in New York.
7. Luther: A dedicated urban detective tries to keep a grip on his personal life while dealing with the psychological factors underlying the crimes he solves.
8. Freaks and Geeks: A group of high school students in 1980 faces various social struggles. Lindsay rebels and hangs out with a crowd of burnouts for starters.
9. Shameless: Unemployed Frank Gallagher — a single father of eight kids — attempts to keep sane, often with a little help from a bottle.
10. White Collar: To avoid jail, an ultra-suave con man signs on to help an FBI agent catch other white-collar thieves but he conceals an ulterior motive.
Don Draper from Mad Men has swagger [Urban Dictionary] and he knows what to say at the right moment – which is all about timing. Actually one thing I can attest too is timing, timing is everything in life. You may be just a moment away from closing a business deal, but if you missed your train/subway then the whole deal is blown. Keeping track of time is key and well you might as well look good while keeping that time!
Lately everyone has gone with these larger then life watches, which take about a week of gym training to get used to wearing them on your arm as they’re like 3 pounds… That’s not what it should be about, what it should be about is style and thats what Skagen Denmark is all about. These retro cool styles will have people noticing your Don Draper styles while not breaking your bank!
Here are a couple of links to pick up the watches of Amazon if you love them as much as I do Square Face [Link] Round Face [Link]
About the Round face…
Smooth designs become classics here. Brown leather with a plated gold case surrounds the special dial featuring shiny enamel along the sides, with a date function that sits above the six-hour. XL Gold Case on Brown Leather
Part #: 355XLGLD. $125. http://www.skagen.com/item/355XLGLD.fx
About the Square Face…
This shiny square case in gold reflects the elements of Danish design, emanating the ultra-slim contemporary look that is a Skagen timepiece. The dial features gold indexes, three hands and an eye-catching big date above six o’clock. Big Date on Brown Leather
Part #: 567LGLD1. $145. http://www.skagen.com/item/567LGLD1.fx
How to win it… Contest ends 11:59pm EST. August 2, 2010.
Two lucky readers will win one watch each… You must comment telling us what type of watches to you like (retro cool or big bling or any others) and if you want the round or square, please include some method for us to contact you in the comment (twitter or email)
Mad men, which is set in the 1960’s around the men (and women) of Madison Avenue who develop the art of spin and really what advertising is today. Is set to return for another season starting Sunday on AMC (check your local cable/satellite listings). I love this show, first its total guy/dude/dad sprinkle in the women (who were still fighting for equal rights at the time this is set is clearly being shown). Beyond that its just awesome how much cooler things look then compared to now… yes I’m a total retro junkie but you know what everything was made better back then (heck even iphones were made better a year or two ago – lol [I’m an apple lover just needed to put it out there])… But really the cars built there are still running today, the furniture built then was solid like toss two toddlers on the desk and let them jump and not a dent – today you’d have two kids on the floor crying with splintered polyboard wood chips around them.
One thing I love about Don Draper is in the show which we’ve now reached mid-1960’s we only seen Don unshaven like once! So I gotta ask how does he get that amazing shave?! it must be the Art of Shaving, I’ll admit I’m not a razor user daily I’m really more of a once a week kind of guy… I like the stubble – my wife hates it.
I’ve used Art of Shaving products in the past – they really make shaving something a little retro and something very cool. I could never get as close with my electric razor then I can with a straight raiser and using some of the products in this art of shaving kit makes that shave last a little longer and get a lot closer because if you can raise the hairs, then you’ll cut them closer (which will help save off that 4 o’clock shadow a few hours longer).
Sure this could be your fake business card… or you can use
The Art of Shaving Fusion® Chrome Collection ProGlide™ Shave Set (SRP: $40)
Includes 8 Fusion ProGlide Power blade cartridges PLUS starter sizes of The Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil, Shaving Cream, Badger Shaving Brush, and After-Shave Balm. These products combine The Art of Shaving aromatherapy-based products, handcrafted accessories and expert shaving technique to guarantee optimal shaving results while relieving and preventing ingrown hairs, razor burn, tough beard and sensitive skin. Here is a similar Art of Shaving Starter Kit – Unscented on Amazon [Link].
Also today starts the chance to get 20% off luxury shaving products from The Art of Shaving beginning tomorrow (July 22). Start by signing up for our email newsletter through the below link, and you will receive a special email which allows you to enjoy the discount, as well as other promotional offers from The Art of Shaving. https://www.theartofshaving.com/friendsfamily/
How to win it… Contest ends 11:59pm EST. July 31, 2010.
You must comment telling us how you shave – ravor, electric, barber shop straight razor, please include some method for us to contact you in the comment (twitter or email)