Oh the things I do in the name of being a blogger… like the painful task of having a 55″ inch LG Cinema 3D TV for only 30 days as a review unit, but one lucky reader will get to win one of these AMAZING TVs!
You might comment like 1 in 100 movies and there are no TV shows in 3D but thats one great feature the LG 55LM7600 has is the ability to take 2D shows and make them 3D (some shows work better then others).
This is not just a TV but its a work of art… I can only wish to hang one of these sets from my wall instead of having it on the table top. Using the wifi connection for updates to the firmware is cool but having access to netflix, youtube, and its skype-ready.
Since this was the hunt for content – I started looking at the blurays I’ve collected and never had use for since I didnt have a 3D tv till now, but really made it a breeze was the time warner on demand channels like HBO 3D on-demand.
The tip for parents is if I owned a TV like this with the glasses, I would have to pick up a container to store the glasses in out of the reach of the kids. These glasses are pretty slick looking – which also means I fear that they’ll break too but oh well… I believe you can also use the same glasses you get at the movie theater (but thats just internet rumors).
For those that need the geek specs
- Cinema 3D – Comfortable 3D Glasses (6 Pairs Included), 3D Depth Control, 3D Sound Zooming, 2D to 3D Conversion, Dual Play Gaming (requires Optionalhardware), 3D Zone
- Smart TV – Premium Content Providers, Home Dashboard 2.0, Magic Remote, AppStore, 3D World (3D Content Streaming), Smart Share, WiDi, Skype Ready, Smart Phone Remote Support, Network File Browser & Wi-FiScreen Share
- Picture Quality – Edge LED Plus, Micro Pixel Control, Full HD 1080p, Triple XD Engine, TruMotion 240Hz &Resolution Upscaler
- Design – Cinema Screen and Ribbon Stand
- Screen Size (Diagonal): 54.6-inches
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080p
- BLU Type: Edge LED Plus
- Frame Rate: TruMotion 240Hz
- Micro Pixel Control (Local Dimming): Yes
- Receiving System: ATSC/NTSC/Clear QAM (1 tuner)
- Aspect Control: 5 Modes (16:9/Just Scan/Original/4:3/Cinema Zoom 1)
- Audio: 1-way 2 Speakers, 10W + 10W
- 3D Features: FPR 3D Type, 3D to 2D & 2D to 3D Convert Source, 3D Depth Control & Viewpoint, 3D Sound Zooming, Dual Play Capable (AG-F3100DP optional glasses required)
- Smart Energy Saving: Backlight Control + Intelligent Sensor
- Camera: Ready
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Built-in, WiFi Direct, Media Link, DLNA, WiDi, SIMPLINK (HDMI CEC), Windows 7 Certified
- A/V Inputs/Outputs: 1 x RF In, 1 x AV In, 1 x Component In + Audio, 1 x Digital Audio Out (Optical), 4 x HDMI/HDCP in, 1 x RGB (D-Sub PC), 3 x USB 2.0, LAN
- VESA Compatible: 400 mm x 400 mm
- Swivel (Right/Left): 10/10 degree
- Power: 100V – 240V, 50/60Hz
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Parts & Labor
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 48.5″ x 31.3″ x 13.0″ with Stand / 48.5″ x 28.8″ x 1.3″ without Stand
- Weight: 55.1 lbs. with Stand / 47.0 lbs. without Stand
Disclosure: I was provided with this television to trial for 30 days by LG Electronics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.
How to win it… Contest ends 11:59pm EST. June 11th, 2012.
You must comment why Daddy needs a new TV? please include some method for us to contact you in the comment (twitter or email).
You get 1 extra entry for following us on twitter – twitter.com/dadarocks
You get 1 extra entry for tweeting about this contest (you can do this daily). Must contain the following information:
” win an LG 55 inch LED 3D Smart TV from @dadarocks – http://dad.tc/KzIOMq #thehuntfor3dcontent ” and you must also comment with the link to your twitter message.
Example: I want to win an @LGus 55 inch LED 3D Smart TV from @dadarocks – http://dad.tc/KzIOMq #thehuntfor3dcontent
You get 1 extra entry for becoming a Fan on facebook – facebook.com/dadarocks you must comment that you’re a fan
You get 1 extra entry for subscribing to our Feedburner digest mailing (right side subscribe by email) – you must also comment that you’ve subscribed
You will have 24 hours to reply before we pick another winner! Limited to the USA.
Disclaimer: LG is providing the prize for the raffle.